A. Statement of Purpose
The Climate Change and Development Portal (www.climatenepal.org.np
) serves as a gateway to climate change knowledge, opportunities, people, organizations, and networks. It serves as a starting point for conducting research on climate change topics, networking, and coordination with individuals and institutions doing work in climate change.
Our content comes primarily from a network of Knowledge Partners and submissions from individual users. Our Knowledge Partners have prior authorization to upload content and post them directly on the web. Postings by individual users are subject to review by the portal administrator in order to ensure their relevance and appropriateness. In all circumstances, the portal administrators reserve the right to remove postings that do not abide by the following editorial policy:
B. Content Guidelines
- The content must be:
- Relevant to climate change and related issues. Contents that do not relate in any way will be removed from the portal.
- Attributed with known and verifiable authors.
- Polite, non-violent, and non-disruptive.
2. The portal should not be used to defame any individuals and organizations. Information that may be damaging to individuals and organizations must be fully attributed and referenced through reliable and verifiable sources or it will be removed immediately.
3. Discussions that are based purely on how individuals/organizations feel or think about a particular topic should be on the appropriate sections only (i.e. discussion boards). Rule number 2 applies on statements made in discussion boards.
4. Knowledge Partners are authorized to upload and manage their content independently. This authority can be revoked if evidence of abuse or misuse is sufficiently established. The Knowledge Partners are requested to ensure against unauthorized access to the portal, in particular the use of usernames and passwords by unauthorized individuals.
5. Individual users who wish to upload their content to the portal should register first. Their submissions will be reviewed by the portal administrator before they are posted online.
6. By making the content available to the portal, the owner of the content certifies that the content is free of copyright restrictions and can be distributed through the portal.
7. We prefer to link documents to the organizations that produced them. But if the document is not uploaded elsewhere, the portal can host the content free of charge.
8. The views expressed in materials uploaded on or linked from the portal are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ministry of Environment or its development partners.
C. Content types
What we accept are climate change content, which includes:
- Research products: research reports, working papers, discussion papers, conference papers, thesis, case studies, etc.
- Policy briefings
- Meta data of data that are relevant for climate change research
- Climate change photos
- Information about people, organizations, networks, and communities of practice working on climate
- Climate change projects
- Climate change events and information about outcomes (e.g. report, photos)
- Opportunities (jobs, funding opportunities, trainings)
Contributions that are NOT acceptable include:
- Mission statements, propaganda, or any contribution that do not provide substantive researched information
- Items/company profiles that are advertising non-research related commercial goods and services
With their consent, individual members, organizations, and Knowledge Partners will have a chance to be featured in a rotating slot on the portal's homepage. The rotation will be done on a weekly basis based on the sequence of their registration.
The information disseminated through the portal those of the author/s and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Ministry of Environment, or its development partners.