Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: Two years
Posting Date: Jun 27, 2018, 4:23:37 PM
Closing Date: Jul 12, 2018, 3:29:00 AM
Primary Location: Nepal-Kathmandu
Organization: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
Objectives of the Programme
To drive the WR and other senior staff of WCO-Nepal for official engagements, and provide general driving and messengerial services to WHO Country Office.
Description of Duties
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Administrative Officer and general supervision of the WHO Representative-Nepal (WR), the incumbent performs the following duties.
- Drives office vehicles to identified locations within the duty station, for the transport of the WR, authorized personnel, visitors and delegates;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Meets passengers at the boarding locations, loads and unloads baggage, parcels, documents, goods or suppliers; may, on instruction of the supervisor, visit designated locations in advance of transporting passengers thereto and advise the supervisor of any problems;
- Applies knowledge of driving regulations, safety requirements, traffic conditions, and most desirable routes to minimize travel time; ensures that rules, regulations and local requirements are adhered to in the event of involvement in an accident; ensures safety of the vehicle and its contents when parked or left unattended;
- Delivers/collects diplomatic pouches, including completion of basic custom formalities; carries sufficient amount of cash to be incurred for clearance of pouches and keeps records of the same. Delivers/collects mail, documents, goods/supplies, parcels and any other items, between the Organization and identified locations/destinations;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle (s), checks gasoline, oil, water, battery, brakes, signal lights, tyres, etc., performs minor repairs or adjustments such as fixing punctures, replacing signal lights/wiper blades, cleaning or replacing spark plugs and adjusting carburetor; logs trips, mileage, gasoline consumption, oil changes, greasing and other servicing; maintains petrol consumption records;
- Recommends major repair on vehicles, as necessary; delivers the vehicles to the designated garage or servicing location, monitors the work and ensures it is accomplished as requested;
- Ensures compliance of established travel reporting procedures and security measures enforced by UNDSS, reporting immediately to Administrative Officer and Agency Security Focal Point of any traffic movement disruptions, confrontation with mobs, hooligans, and other violent forces.
- Performs other duties including photocopying, collating of documents, as required.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma (s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int./
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Essential: Middle level education (at least 8th standard). Must hold a valid driving license.
Desirable: Certificate/Training in maintenance from a recognized institution. Computer certificate/ knowledge on MS office
Essential: At least two years' work experience as a driver, with safe driving record.
Desirable: Work experience with UN offices with minimum of two years driving experience in the other reputed offices.
Valid driving license to drive light vehicles. Sound knowledge of driving rules and regulations. Skills in minor repairs of vehicles. Knowledge of the topography of the duty station and the surrounding areas. Ability to read and write instructions and maps. Knowledge of first aid desirable. Knowledge of chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Beginners knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable
How to Apply:
To apply please click here
Published Date: 28 June 2018
Closing Date:11 July 2018