The UNESCO Office in Kathmandu is implementing various education related projects, in close cooperation with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education, the Nepal National Commission for UNESCO and relevant stakeholders.
In order to coordinate and implement the various projects, the Office seeks applications from qualified Nepali candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Programme Assistant
Condition of Employment: Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Salary Scale: SB 2, Band A, Step 1, Net monthly Salary: NPR 44,540, Additional benefits: Provident fund & Medical Insurance
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, preferably in accounting or management;
- 2-3 years of experience in the relevant field;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali;
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptable and desire to learn;
- Good reporting and documentation skills;
- Sound knowledge of IT skills including presentation skills in Photoshop and PowerPoint and office software package (Word, Excel & Database);
- Have knowledge of the UN System and in particular of UNESCO’s work especially in education sector;
- Ability to work in multicultural team environment and to meet given deadlines;
- Flexibility to work in difficult and changing conditions.
How to Apply
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the complete UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas indicating the ‘Position Title’ to the following address
NOT LATER THAN : 11 July 2018
UNESCO Representative to Nepal
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
UNESCO CV Form can be downloaded from the website : https://goo.gl/9bvG5w
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and/or interview.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.